|The ICD Internship Project (2008-17)
Internship Opportunities at the ICD
An Introduction to the Project
The ICD Internship Project (2008-17) is a 10 year program with the main purpose to enable current students who need an internship as a compulsory part of their BA or graduate studies to engage in cultural diplomacy and in doing so, to further promote cultural diplomacy and multiculturalism worldwide.Indeed, the past years of the project have been witness to interns being active participants in the multicultural field; where lasting friendships were formed and valuable contacts made, which immediately expanded each individual’s network to all parts of the world.The positioning of the ICD in the center of Europe, makes it a natural hub for the younger generation.
The diverse multicultural environment provides an excellent framework for Cultural Diplomacy to be practiced on a daily basis within the office as well as outside of the office. One of the main privileges afforded by the project is to work in a young, interdisciplinary and international environment, which serves as a model of successful multiculturalism in practice. The experience of learning to work together in a multicultural and international organizational environment is a rare, unique and a rewarding common experience.
The ICD invites applications from individuals who are coming from the following fields:
If you would like to apply and reserve a position please click on the link below and fill out the online application form:
- Eligibility - The internship is open to currently enrolled students who need this internship as a compulsory component of their academic studies or participants of the ERASMUS program.
- Duration - The ICD voluntary internships are full time, unpaid, last 3 months.
- Language - Applicants must have good spoken and written English, (German and Spanish language skills are considered an advantage and other language skills are an asset).
- Personal Skills - Due to the nature of our work, we place a high value on flexibility, positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well with others.
- Flexibility - Applicants must be prepared for a flexible working environment as teams and tasks might alter often according to the program agenda.
- Independence - Due to the large amount of activity and programs that ICD runs throughout the year Interns work in teams under the direction of a Team Leader/Program Director with minimal supervision.
- Laptop - In addition, all interns must have access to a personal laptop, which they need to bring to the office on a daily basis.
Intern responsibilities include some of the following activities:
For further information on the internships offered by the ICD please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org